KDDI Location Data
Designated Area Visit Data
What is Alternative Data?
Instead of traditional data that has been used for investment decision-making, such as financial data and economic statistics, point of sale (POS) data, credit card data, smartphone location data, satellite images, social media data, and the like are referred to as alternative data.
Due to the advancement of artificial intelligence (AI), economic index and corporate performance are predicted by using alternative data in advance of official announcements by companies and governments. In this way, the utilization of alternative data in the financial sector is accelerating globally.
Use Examples (Investment decision-making)
Designated Area Visit Data can be used as alternative data for helping make investment decisions.
Retail stores / Complex facilities
Example of use
- Visualizing the status of attracting customers based on changes in the population in a designated retail store or complex facility.
- Changes in sales of the relevant store or facility can be predicted based on the status of attracting customers.
Image of use
Example of use
- Visualizing the working status of employees based on changes in the population of a designated factory.
- A prediction of the production activities at the relevant factory based on the working status can be used for making a financial forecast of the relevant company.
Image of use
Steps for Use
Upon receipt of your request, our representative will contact you.
We will interview you to learn about the data specifications, including the period of use and mesh size, in addition to your requirements.
Based on the interview results, we will propose data that will be provided as the solution. (*)
We will send you necessary documents and ask that you fill them out and return them to us.
After you have signed the contract, we will provide you with the data you requested.
*In case our proposed data does not meet your request, we can be flexible and propose other location data services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is KDDI Location Data?
- KDDI Location Data is a service that provides statistical data in which GPS location data that is periodically accumulated during a target period in a target area that you wish on au smartphone devices for which consent that is individually obtained is processed and aggregated for each period of time, standard grid cell, and so on.
- What is Designated Area Visit Data?
- Designated Area Visit Data is a service provided as statistics data that tallies the number of visitors to a designated area based on the latitude/longitude specified by you, which can be used as useful alternative data for making investment decisions.
- How can data be used as alternative data?
- For example, in the case of retail stores or complex facilities, by visualizing the status of attracting customers based on changes in the population in a store or facility, it is possible to predict changes in sales at the relevant store or facility. In the case of factories, by visualizing the working status of employees in a factory, it is possible to predict production activities at the relevant factory and use it to make a financial forecast of the relevant company.
- What kinds of information is included in the data you provide?
- We provide, in addition to statistics data that tallies the number of visitors to a designated area based on the latitude/longitude specified by you, we provide information that has additional ticker code related to the designated area.
- What is the mesh unit of data to be provided?
- Data is provided for each area you specify and the aggregate unit is one day.
- Where do you obtain GPS location data?
- We obtain GPS location data from smartphones of au subscribers from whom we have obtained the consent to use location data.
- What considerations are given to the handling of information?
- The information is secretly processed and hashed so that individuals cannot be identified.
- Are attributes attached to GPS location data?
- For Designated Area Visit Data, attribute information is not attached. If you need GPS location data with attribute information, please use other KDDI Location Data services.
- Do you perform correction or estimation of GPS location data?
- We do not perform expansion processing of Designated Area Visit Data based on a national census. If you need expansion processing GPS location data, please use other KDDI Location Data services.
- What is the format of data to be provided?
- Data is provided in a csv file format. You can try using it with our trial data.
- How long will it take to receive data from you?
- The delivery depends on the customer requirements. Please contact one of our representatives for details.
- Contract procedures
- To use our services, you must sign a contract and submit an application for using the service.
- Tell me the charges for the services.
- Our service charges depend on the requests from customers. Please contact one of our representatives for details.
- Can I try your services?
- Yes. We offer trial data for you.
Inquiries and Applications
Trial data is now offered for free.
Designated Area Visit Data
You can make the following requests:
- Application for using free trial data
- Questions regarding service details
- Request for information documents or
a price quotation
- Questions regarding application for using services